Monday, December 19, 2011

my gluten free english muffin dealer

Part of the fun about living in a Maine ski town is the weekend crew that arrives each Friday night. These hard core skiers work a normal work week then each Friday load up their cars and make the trek north on route 27. They might hit the local watering hole when they get to the Valley but regardless they're up early on Saturday vying for first chair. It doesn't matter how cold the thermometer drops and how high the humidity climbs and how negative the windchill becomes- they are Sugarloafers and they live for these days on the mountain.

This year I'm lucky enough to have friends who will be my English Muffin dealers. They come up from the Maine coast and will swing into the "Hootin" Gluten Free Bakery and grab a four pack for me. These are the only gluten free English Muffin's I've tried but I feel I know a good baked good when I see one.
We don't rock a toaster oven at camp chaos so I toss a bit of Earth Balance in a pan on the stove top and heat these gently. Add a bit of homemade jam and it's a breakfast that will fuel any day on the slopes- no matter how cold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those do look good! We found some by Food for Life. It's the only commercial brand my son can have as they don't have corn.

I’ve started a blog hop for anyone dealing with food allergies, eczema, or asthma, either for themselves or as a caregiver. If you’re interested in joining, please add a comment. I’d love to welcome you to the group. http://itchylittleworld.wordpress.com/blog-hop/


Thanks.
Jennifer

Kendra said...

Foods By George is my go-to english muffin brand, most excellent :)

Anonymous said...

Hi There~

Just found you blog tonight! Love it. Sounds like we have a lot in common. Big snow junkies on this end too and a family of alternative cuisine.

Just wanted to say hello.

Wish you a Happy New Year.

Best,
--Amber