Saturday, February 26, 2011

a bit of local love.... Fat Alley BBQ

Fat Alley is the a great little BBQ joint on Oak Street in Telluride. Robbie serves up good food, sweet tea, and the famous Mitch Morgan shot or read about it on Wiki here... They also have cheap gluten filled beer that all of my friends are fond of but I stick to Sweet Tea with a kick of vodka if I'm feeling feisty.

It's counter service and not 4 star by any stretch but the food is good and the room is usually rowdy. We tend to celebrate there with birthdays, engagements and the typical ski town goodbye's.

As you may know I'm a creature of habit and don't venture out much on a menu. Once I find something I like I stick with it. Right now this is a 1/4 chicken and smoked potatoes at Fat Alley for me.

From Droid think outside

I haven't asked about GF options in a while here because of my habit but Robbie the owner is well informed and will steer you in the right direction.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

super pic. nice balance--love the while plate--very "clean" looking. :)