Sunday, February 27, 2011

a bit of local love... The Llama

The Llama has become a Telluride nightlife hotspot this winter and is also a great apres scene. This winter they have two for one margs from 3-6pm and $2.50 soft corn tacos with a few filling options- all of which are GF. I'm not sure what they do to their corn tacos but they were warm and soft and didn't mush up and fall apart as I enjoyed them. We ended up there twice last weekend and enjoyed the taco scene while having some much needed and overdue time catching up with friends.

From Droid think outside

1 comment:

Allie said...

hey camper! just saw your comment on my blog... My favorites for GF food in Boston are: NEBO (www.neborestaurant.com)

They have a huge selection of gluten free pizza, pasta, fried things, etc.

In the North End on hanover Street (also known as little italy) - MARCO is my favorite (http://marcoboston.com/)
If you call ahead at least one day they will make fresh gluten free bread for dipping into oil! They have great half and whole dishes that are very reasonable - and it's a really cute, cozy little place!

If you're in Cambridge or Needham - check out Stone Hearth Pizza - pizza & pasta GF! (http://stonehearthpizza.com/)

If you're in Brookline (near Fenway, BU, BC area) check out: Elephant Walk (a little pricey), or The Fireplace (GF menu).

If you're in the South End - I like this little venezuelan place called Orinoco. They have Arepa's that are SO GOOD - very affordable. And they make delicious dates wrapped in bacon. YUM.

Burton's Grill (www.burtonsgrill.com) is right next to Fenway Park, so it's pretty central and Very good! They have fried food! Which is exciting - their fried fish sandwich was great.

I live just north of Boston now, so I've been scouting out my area a bit more - if you happen to be in Reading, MA - Oye's has a gluten free chinese food menu - it's AMAZING. There are also two places to get pizza... but I'm doubting you'll be that way.

OK, WOW - that was a lot... But depending on where you are in the city you should be close enough to one of those! I should really keep a GF Boston Restaurant page on my site!