Saturday, March 12, 2011

a bit of local love... 9545

The 9545 Restaurant is nestled in the boutique hotel The Inn at Lost Creek. The name is the elevation of the establishment and it's located in Mountain Village- Telluride's sister town that's connected via a free gondola. It's upscale and has a small dining room of about 45 seats with a nice ambiance. I had a great dinner last night in the bar and caught up with friends. Leah the bartender was very attentive and helped ensure all my menu choices were gluten free.
I had the Cinnamon Coffee Rubbed Pork Tenderloin and it was a generous cut of meat. The pork was very tender with a good crust of the rub. The menu has a heavy southwest influence that you might expect in Telluride and my entree was served with spanish rice and beans along with roasted veggies. The roasted veggies left me longing for more and wishing I could make veggies taste like that at home.
 As you may know I'm one of the few Mainer's that isn't a fan of fish but the plating of this trout had me reconsidering----almost. I can't recall what the pink sauce was- agave mixed with something red...  Dinner menu entrees range from $19 to $36.

No comments: