Thursday, December 4, 2008

things I have never made but want to! (and still can)

I've always loved baking and Dave even got me a sweet Kitchen Aid Mixer this last year. It's sat quiet of late as my cookie baking and failed attempts at anadama bread have died. I'm

my uncle used to make a great "puppy chow" during the holidays and I've been craving it. Just googled the recipe and I still can try this recipe this year. Yeah for RICE Chex and huge props for having a "gluten free" section! (please note that I will still read every ingredient list on every package just to be sure it's safe)

from the Chex.com website
9 cups Rice Chex® cereal (gluten free)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

I'm going to add some M&M's to mine...

No comments: