Tuesday, October 27, 2009

a little protein after ski conditioning

I love pizza. I miss pizza. It's been tough find a good dough. Today I was short on time and did the chebe bag mix. It's yeast free which means that I don't have to contend with that at 9,000 feet above sea level.
I made the dough at lunch and had a quick calzone then rolled the rest and stuck it in the fridge before dinner. I got home late after my ski conditioning class down in town.

Thai chicken pizza has been my go to now since I'm having dairy issues. I'm working on my peanut sauce. Today's version came out well but needed a lot of cornstarch to thicken it.
Peanut Sauce For Thai Chicken Pizza
4 T peanut butter
1/2 cup boiling water
2 T cider vinegar
1/2 T Sugar
1/2 T GF Soy Sauce
1/2 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
cayenne to taste
1 T lemon juice
Combine and whisk well.
Add cornstarch 1 T at a time until desired thickness is obtained (I believe I was up to 4)
Spread on crust with cooked spicy chicken, carrots and onion. Fresh cilantro is best added a few minutes before done. (I didn't have fresh so suffered with dried. It's ok... I had a redbridge to help make up for it)  Bake according to crust directions...

I think next time I may modify my peanut sauce to be more like the one in my gabo gato angel hair. I first had this gabo gato when I went backpacking with my rec class 10 years ago in college. I loved it and often come back to this.... now I just use a GF pasta!
Gabo Gato Angel Hair
1/2 lb angel hair
3T Peanut Butter
3T GF Soy Sauce
1/4 Lg Onion chopped to desired size
1 GF chicken broth cube
3T + 1t oil
3T Brown Sugar
3T Vinegar
2T Sunflower seeds (optional)
Cook Pasta. While pasta is cooking mix in everything but the chicken broth cube into large mixing bowl. Mix well  to combine the peanut butter. When pasta is cooked and drained add chicken broth cube. Then add pasta to mix and combine. Sauce will thicken on standing.  Feel free to to add ins... in the photo I had added in spicy buffalo chicken. Veggies would also be good.

Two very similar sauces and I'm eager to try the pizza sauce again to make it more like the gabo gato.

No comments: