Thursday, June 24, 2010

A bit of local love... Honga's Lotus Petal

Honga's Lotus Petal here in Telluride is revered for their fresh food, mojitos but most of all their sushi. It's not a place I've gone often since I'm not a fish fan. They do make a killer mojito and muddle a lot of limes each summer as a result.

I had a dinner with a large group and was a smart glutard. I knew that a big group with some loud personalities would present a challenge so I emailed in a few days before the event and let them know about myself and asked for some recommendations. The manager replied with some suggestions from their menu that would be safe for me. I was a pretty happy glutard who became elated when the server came over and asked for me. She then presented me with the list from the manager in case I hadn't brought it with me. I still made sure to say gluten free when I placed my order but the whole experience made me feel very safe.

From think outside the breadbox

The table shared some edamame for a starter then I had the Thai Basil with Beef and while it was on the pricier side it was well worth it. The whole group enjoyed the experience and their meals. The sushi always looks beautiful even to a non-sushi person.  Honga's has a great atmosphere for a nice night out on the town.

No comments: