Sunday, June 5, 2011

a bit of local love... Ouray Brewery

A brewery? What- that can't be right why would a place that is based on beer be a safe place for a glutard? It's true, the Ouray Brewery in Ouray, Colorado was a great meal for me. Dave and I left Telluride's box canyon and headed to Ouray for a day at the hot springs. We grabbed lunch at the Ouray Brewery as we had reccently seen an ad that mentioned their gluten free friendly menu.

I had  Mushrooms and Herbed Quinoa and I wish that the quinoa I make at home would come out this good. It's nutty flavor paired well with the fresh herbs and the mushrooms au poivre.

They also served bottled gluten free beer, Green's which is just over a pint. It's hard for me to finish while it's still cold but it's such a great feeling to sit in a brew pub and enjoy a meal and a beer. Speaking of... the barstools were actually swings. They came from a scenic lift in Utah and made for a novel experience.

Dave was pretty excited and even got a growler of gluten beer to enjoy later at home.

2 comments:

Sid said...

My name is Sid, and I am the chef at the Ouray Brewery. I would like to say thanks for posting this. My wife doesn't eat gluten and I enjoy cooking for those who don't. I have made many strides in this direction and will continue to do so. Please continue to spread the word. We can make it easier for everyone to enjoy a dining experience if we try hard enough. Thanks again...

Unknown said...

Thank you Sid,
It was a great lunch and we hope to make it back over the hill soon.
best,
Kate