Thursday, March 4, 2010

birthday cake

my friend Brianne celebrated her 30th birthday today and I was happy to bring a chocolate cake to the office to help mark the occasion. The Bob's Red Mill Chocolate Cake is fairly simple and made a great treat for all.
I made two 8" rounds and they came out very pretty. I didn't frost it until I got to work this morning as the pans made for easier transport. I did use canned frosting that contained some milk but the cakes were dairy free thanks to Earth's Balance and soy milk. 
 We've reached the point in the spring where it's warm enough during the day to melt the snow a bit and cause some runoff that then freezes at night. It makes for a slippery walk to the gondola in the morning. That's right, I ride a gondola to work in the morning and usually my monster comes with me. It's actually a chondola which is chairlift and gondola on one cable. Chaos and other dogs are welcome in the cabins and it's his favorite thing to chase (after skiers).

No comments: